1. Illegal migrants arrested begging in Mombasa
October 30, 2013
Mombasa - Thirteen Tanzanian beggars have been arrested at the Mwembe Tayari market in Mombasa for being in the country illegally and causing havoc in town.
2. 200 arrested in crack down on illegal foreigners at Kenyas coast region
More than 200 illegal foreigners have been arrested in a month-long swoop by Immigration in various parts ofMombasa and Kwale counties.
3. 24 Somali migrants from Yemen arrested in Port Sudan
The Somali Current
November 27, 2013
More than twenty illegal Somali migrants have been arrested in Sudan after arriving at Port Sudan by boat this week. According to Hussein Nur Haji, freelance Journalist in Sudan, the boat was carrying 24 Somali Migrants from Yemen through the Red Sea.
4. US Navy rescues 128 Somali migrants in rough Seas
October 17, 2013
A US warship has rescued 128 Somali migrants from an inflatable raft that was threatening to capsize in rough seas in the Mediterranean Sea after a request from Malta, officials said Thursday (October 17th).
5. Ethiopian officials hand over 33 illegal immigrants to Somaliland authorities
More than 33 would be illegal migrant of Somali origins were today handed over to Somaliland immigration officials at the Tog Wajaale Border crossing point after being netted by Ethiopian authorities inside their territories on transit to Sudan and finally to the European shores in search for greener pastures.
6. Statement on the mistreatment of immigrants from Ethiopia in Saudi Arabia
November 24 2013
7. Saudi Arabia deports illegal migrants from Yemen and Ethiopia
United Nations Radio
November 26, 2013
Saudi authorities have decided to deport all migrants from Yemen and Ethiopia who had entered the country illegally, according to the International Organization for Migration (IOM). In recent months, scores of migrants had already been sent home, IOM spokesperson Christiane Berthiaume told reporters in Geneva on Tuesday.
8. Massive returns of Yemeni migrants will impact welfare of thousands back home
November 26, 2013
Over 190,000 Yemeni migrant workers have crossed the Al Tuwal border checkpoint with Saudi Arabia since June, following a March 2013 decision by Saudi Arabia to send all undocumented migrant workers back to their countries of origin. During the first week of November, the rate of returns increased significantly, reaching a peak of over 7,000 per day.
9. Malawi's president: patrol boats are to defend borders from Somali immigrants
November 28, 2013
Joyce Banda insists that the order of armed vessels from a South African defence firm "was a request from the people", despite Malawian finances being hit by donors' departure over corruption scandal
10. Many of the 250 drowned migrants were African Christians fleeing persecution
October 08, 2013
Of the more than 250 African migrants who drowned less than one mile from European soil last week, many were Christians fleeing religious persecution.
11. Police in Italy arrest Somali national accused of organizing deadly voyage
November 08, 2013
Italian police have arrested a Somali man suspected of organizing a migrant boat that capsized and killed hundreds of people off the island of Lampedusa last month.
12. UK immigrants spot checks to continue, Says Minister
Immigration spot checks at Railway stations will be used again, the UK immigration minister has told the BBC